Pantry volunteers keep our busy grocery distribution going! Volunteers directly assist clients as they receive their groceries and produce bags. They organize our produce items, keep grocery staples well-stocked, and help set-up and take down the pantry at opening and closing times (9 am and 3 pm). They assist Loaves and Fishes distribute grocery bags to over 600 families every month.
- Assist the Pantry Manager with receiving, sorting, stocking and storing produce, bread, and nonperishable food items and packing food bags/boxes.
- Welcome clients and assist in the distribution of food and other available supplies.
- Assist with client intake and data entry.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of pantry area with assistance from staff and other volunteers.
- Receive and screen phone calls — answer telephone courteously.
- Maintain values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with all clients, callers, staff and volunteers of Loaves and Fishes.
- Help to bring all of the produce from the on-site storage building into the Pantry every morning by 9 am.
- Help to bring produce back out to the storage building for proper overnight storage.